Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yikes - it's IKE!

This is just a post to keep everyone updated on what's going on here with the IKE situation. Houston is getting into hunker down mode today and I will be home tomorrow through the rest of the weekend. We are out in Katy which per the SciGuy at the Houston Chronicle (who is the local authority on the hurricanes) 'a well built house in Katy is one of the safest places you can be in Houston' in the event of a hurricane. So there's that. My only real fear right now is losing electricity for an extended period of time which will be miserable.

Got gas this morning (one station was out of gas already, and the station I did go to was out of unleaded, ugh), and we will be bringing in everything from the yard tonight. Saffron broke out in her seasonal allergies and we are hoping she can make the vet to get the 'anti-itching' shot before everything closes down.

Will send updates via the blog and I set up a Twitter account too (called 'TheRussos') if you have Twitter and want to follow us that way. If we lose electricity I will send updates to Twitter from the phone. [As a disclaimer I am not a huge fan of the Twitter but I see it could be useful in a case like this.]

2 comments:

pheather said...

AAAGGHH! Therese - I am praying for you guys and I hope that everything will be okay!
Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

CR, I will be thinking of you, Mommy,Daddy, the pups and all your relatives. I have been glued to the TV watching Ike. If he visits I hope he comes and goes real fast. You stay safe. Love Aunt Evie Great