Saturday, September 13, 2008

Status Report

Hello everyone, we made it through Ike, the house is a-ok, we lost power at about 2AM and just got it back a few hours ago. It was not the most comfortable day, but we were grateful that that was the extent of our Ike experience.

When we could not take the heat any longer we went to Charlie's model house to power up our rechargables, catch some news and some AC - the Orgerons and the Diluzios joined us - as they lost power too - and we were happy for their company, the past couple days had us a little rattled.

CR kept us busy, entertaining us with his tentative and mostly inadvertent attempts to walk (!), and alternately with his teething which is in full gear, his poor little gums are a mess - and he is not shy to let you know all about it. One item of note, if music plays on the TV, radio, or his toys, CR is DANCING TO IT, his dancing is a combination of bouncing up and down and hand waving, and laughing - and it is just my most favorite thing right now.


Daycare is closed till the schools are back in, but that kind of works out as my building - the one on TV in downtown Houston with the glass all blown out - is closed till at least Wednesday. (It turns out the damage is on the opposite side from our offices.)

We have our fingers crossed that our friends and associates in other parts of Houston fared well through the storm.

3 comments:

pheather said...

I'm so glad you guys are okay! Enjoy your few days off from work - do you have a lot of fixing up of the yard or house to do? I can't believe CR is almost walking already! That's amazing! Thanks for the update - we're thinking of you all!
Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Grampa and Grammy are happy all of you are safe. We were thinking about you. Can't wait to see you dance about. You sure are your Daddy's son. Cute picture. Love you, Grammy and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! CR,what a great picture of you and Daddy!You know that I loved looking at you with your little legs spread in the stroller and a little piece of your diaper showing;however, I am glad to have a new background picture because you are changing so fast. You are more handsome each time I see you,if that is possible.I think of you often.
I'm glad you all survived Ike without any major problems.I was worried. Grammy kept me informed. I saw Mommy's office building on TV. I couldn't believe it. I'm glad she was able to work at home.
You are dancing! You know your Mommy was a dancer. I watched her dance from the time she was in her tutu until she was Gypsy Roseali.I guess you have the dancing gene.I'm glad things are back to normal at your house. Aunt Evie Great