CR got to wear his winter coat - I did not think we would be getting that out of the closet till next month, but they did not go outside yesterday because it was too wet. I bet they do today - he has really taken to the outdoors both at home out back on the patio, and at daycare the first thing they mention is how much he enjoys his outside time.
He has (finally) adjusted to the toddler room, and is back to smiling, greeting his friends, and running (quick toddling?) to play in the morning, instead of crying - which was difficult for you-know-who (me!). His transition to this room was the first teary drop off(s) I had experienced - probably not the last - and even though at the end of the day I heard about how much he enjoyed the new room/activities/bigger kids/outside play - I still have not felt 100% at ease till now.
He is babbling up a storm now, and Big Charlie chuckles when I encourage CR to talk to us in his 'Little-ese'. His first two clear as a bell words are still 'Da-vid!' (which he likes to yell, with a huge smile on his face when his cousin David is nearby) and 'No' which he says to me, Charlie the dogs and anyone else - emphasizing with his little pointy finger - why this one word had to catch on I don't know, I promise we say lots of other things to him besides that. : ) He has his own language for other things - like Saffron, comes out like daa-daa, which may be dog-dog but since he knows her by name I think he is trying to say the two syllables - however they come out.
I hope everyone is doing well and having a Happy Holiday season! - and that I will be able to finish up putting Christmas together at the house shortly so we can post some Holiday pics. : )

2 comments:
CR,Gran Uncle Jeff is going to be thrilled to hear that you like being outside. We are ready for your family visit anytime you are ready to come.Each season will have something for you to do outside. Right now there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground.Gran Uncle Jeff, the dogs and I just returned from a fun walk in the snow. We hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year.
Love,
Gran Aunt Ev
Charlie Ross, I'm very glad you are enjoying being in your new room. I'm also glad you are trying to speak. I hope you are practicing the word I want to hear at Christmas. Wouldn't it be great if we woke up Christmas morning and found the ground covered with snow?
Well in just three more days I'll be in Katy. I can't wait to see you, Mom, Dad, Aunt Gigi, Uncle Dan, Stephanie, Danielle and David.
Love, Maw-maw
Post a Comment