Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dad's Home

Guess what tomorrow is? End of Daylight Savings Time - yea! Why is that a big deal? - because Charlie gets off of work at 6PM (as opposed to 7PM) - this helps with the after-work juggle quite a bit. And the fact is I love coming home in the winter to lights on, dinner on (usually), and family in!

But so far we have enjoyed making a big fuss over when Dad comes home, it has become a part of the nightly routine. The rest of the routine is typically a nap on the way home (car seat + warm car = nap within two stop lights), cranky wake up time, play, Dad's home, dinner, Backyardigans song and Elmo on You Tube, quiet play, books and then...sleep. Though on occasion CR has an extra hard play day with one short early morning nap - which extends the ride home nap to an all nighter.

Cranky...Cranky...Hey, is that Dad's car?

Dad's Home!!!!

The two Charlie Russos

Pre-Bed Playtime...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Therese! CR is SUCH a cutie-pie! I love his Halloween costume and his football jersey. I know what you mean about making a fuss when Dad gets home - that is one of the best parts of the day for me!! The 4:30-5:00ish time frame is tough for us - Jackson is sick of me, hungry, a little tired, and usually bored, so when Dad gets home it's at least a change of people! You are such a great Mom - I can't believe how well you juggle everything. I wish we could get together and hang out sometime, especially with the boys! Miss you!