Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanksgiving / Family Pictures / Snow!

We stayed here in Houston this Thanksgiving, and the Orgerons invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner (thank you!). We had a great time with Greg, Michelle, Laura, Josh and Greg and Michelle's parents - AND Baby Daniel who was just one week old! Welcome Baby Daniel!


The day after Thanksgiving we went out to Firethorne and took our first 'formal' family pictures, it was a cold morning, but we had a good time. Afterwards as a treat for CR we went to one of the playgrounds in Firethorne, it is a small playground for smaller kids, and the jungle gym has a big fish in the middle - so CR immediately named it the 'goldfishie' playground. It is one of his favorite outings and we have returned many times since.


Then a week after Thanksgiving we had snow here in Houston - now this is the third time this has happened since we lived here - making up a full 3/4 of the times snow has fallen in the place where I live. But this was by far the best snowfall - I wish I had a picture of the white out from the windows downtown (25th floor) - it was a truly stunning sight. Of course the city shut down early so I went home, and had to make sure to take a short video of the snowfall at our house before getting on my snuggly clothes and calling it a day.

The next morning there was still snow in lots of places and CR enojyed making snow balls and throwing them, he remembered this for quite a few weeks after and requested 'snowballs? ice?' when we went outside to play. Who would have thought after the summer we had (when I was icing down the pool) that we would have such a cold winter? No complaints, I am loving it - this beats being pregnant in the summer by a long shot.


1 comments:

pheather said...

Just had to say... you look WONDERFUL, your house is beautiful, and CR is absolutely adorable!!!! I love his blonde locks. He really is precious, Therese! Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you how much I loved your Christmas card. It was perfect! I'm so glad you got some nice family pictures with just the three of you. The ones we took as a family of three before E was born are really special to me. I hope you're feeling well and I cannot wait to see pics of the new little one!!!! LOVE his name, by the way! :)

Love, Heather