We had some trouble staying occupied in the airport it was really crowded and a bunch of planes including our flight were delayed due to fog - I wished we could have found a little corner for CR to run aroud in - that would have helped use up some energy. But I had a great surprise when we got on the plane - it was half empty - so we had a whole row to ourselves. Yea!
Mom and Aunt Evie met us at the airport, and we spent the rest of the day relaxing at the house with Dad and Grandpa. The weather in FL was beautiful and CR soaked it up with his unlimited stroller and wagon rides - thank you Grandma and Aunt Evie! Aunt Evie, the neighbors (Mason, pulling the wagon is just 10 days older than CR), me, and CR in the wagon
We need more bars Great Grandpa - I have no coverage out here!
On Thursday we went to the beach, it was really chilly to me, but there were people in the water - you can guess who they were - Northerners! While I thought they were crazy to be swimming they probably thought we were crazy in our jackets. Regardless, CR enjoyed watching the big kids swim and build sandcastles, and getting his toes wet in the waves and sand.

On Friday we went to Homosassa Spring State Park where CR got to go on a boat tour, it was directed by - his Grandpa! We saw all kinds of wildlife on the boat (turtles, alligators, birds), and in the park/zoo we saw manatees, hippos, wolves, owls, more alligators, otters, the list goes on...

Charlie Ross, who's that? Your Grandpa!






On Saturday we went to the Citrus County Fair, where we saw other kinds of animals (cows, pigs, rabbits, ducks, goats, etc.). CR got his first pony ride - he was a bit iffy about it, but I enjoyed the experience. When CR started to crank it up (he wanted to climb on the bleachers at the horse showing) Grandpa saved the day with what may be CR's favorite food yet - smoked turkey leg! He could not get enough!
One lesson I learned the hard way from this trip - when the baby/toddler has a set routine, break it at your own peril. While it was bad enough he was recovering from an ear infection from earlier in the week, and breaking in some teeth (note all the paci's in these pics), by Friday the all new location and my cavalier attitude toward the change in regularly scheduled programming brought on (quite suddenly) the biggest cranky fit I ever saw from him. The rainclouds eventually passed and back came my sunny day CR, but it was enough to encourage me to to change plans to fit around his eat and particularly sleep schedule as much as possible from then out, even on the plane. You live you learn I guess.

3 comments:
uster2700Oh, CR, those pictures brought back sweet, sweet memories. You are all boy, all cute boy, in and out.I hope that there will be many more times when I can visit with you. I can't wait for Uncle Jeff to meet you. He is already calling you his "Little Republican."
Charlie, Grammy and Grandpa keep reading this entry and looking at the pictures. We had a great time with you and can't wait until you visit again and we can show you more things and take you for wagon rides. We love you! Grammy & Grandpa
I love all of these pictures, Therese! I'm glad that you had such a great time in FL - and kudos to you for flying with CR by yourself! You're much more brave than I am! You look so beautiful in these pics and CR is just as adorable as ever. Jackson is teething, too... yuck. I hope CR is not in too much pain. Maybe one of these days we'll both be in central FL at the same time. My parents are only about an hour from Crystal River. Hope you guys are doing well!
Love, Heather
Post a Comment